Terra cotta pots are a must have for gardeners during the planting season. The lovely simplicity, as well as the fairly inexpensive price makes the terra cotta type pot very popular among those who love to fill their homes with the vibrant beauty and energy of flowers and plants during all seasons.
This post will offer ways on how terra cotta pots can enjoy a new purpose and be used to create fun and for both inside and outside the home.
- Terra Cotta Pot (any shape of your choice)
I have taken a Pipe shape long length pot to decorate as i wanted to fill in one corner of my house with it completely :)
- Oil paint (any color of your Choice)
- Fresh or Artificial plants for decorating the pot
- Paint the pot with the oil paint. I have taken silver color for base. Allow it to dry completely.
- Then you can decorate your pot as below:
- You can decorate the pot with bids/ ceramic /lace / artificial flowers/ cloth flowers etc..
- Prepare the Pottery: Before you begin painting, take a sponge and get it only slightly damp with clean water wipe off your pottery to remove large dust particles because these can cause the colored glaze to pull away from the pottery. Be sure that your pottery does not get too wet because soaked-in water will keep the colored glazes from adhering.
- Paint with Multiple Coats: For a solid, even coat of color, apply 2 to 3 coats of the colored glaze. After applying the first coat allow the glaze to fully dry (it air dries reasonably quickly, but you may use a hair dryer to speed up the process) before applying the next coat.